UMED PROJECT : Health is everyone’s responsibility
Le 2 mai 2023 (16:00 à 18:00)
Health is everyone’s responsibility
Do you care about health for all? Are you interested in well-being and society? Are you curious about interdisciplinary thinking and learning? Fancy practising your English speaking skills with peers from different backgrounds?
Join the UMED event!
What is UMED?
The main objective of this hybrid inter-university project is to bring together students from different academic backgrounds to confront perspectives and to reflect on how to shape the future of health care. As part of pulmonology practical classes, the Semiology and General Medicine Unit (Faculty of Pharmacy and Medicine, UMONS) and the Language and Internationalisation Unit (Faculty of Translation and Interpretation, UMONS) are inviting students from all disciplines and walks of life to take part in round tables around health-related issues.
- When is it organised? 2nd May 2023 from 4 to 6 pm CET Time
- Where will this event take place? At MUMONS
- How will it work? You will be put into a team to discuss a set of questions or “wicked problems” around health care and asked to come up with possible solutions.
What will the discussions be about?
The discussions will typically include the following aspects:
- Bias and discrimination
- Socio-economic inequalities
- Definitions of health and what they entail
- The patient-doctor relationship
- The doctor’s responsibility to society
- Social, personal and environmental responsibility for health care
What can you expect?
- A relaxed and friendly learning environment. What you really need is a good dose of motivation, curiosity and willingness to share.
- An international event: we will have online participants from the EUNICE partner universities and from the Universidade Federal De Ciências da Saúde de Porto Alegre in Brazil.
- Plenty of assistance: there will be one facilitator per round table to make sure that the conversation runs smoothly.
- Official recognition: you will be awarded a digital badge (online certificate) for your active participation. This is a little something that can make a difference when you apply for a job later on.
- A drink! Let’s celebrate interdisciplinarity at the event reception.
Sign up for the online info session on 25th April 2023 from 5 to 6 pm CET time (: Check here the time zone you are in). We will answer any questions that you may have and prepare you for the event through a series of activities.
You can register here.
Feel free to reach out! You can contact us in English or French: